A lot of shampoos and conditioners contain harsh chemicals. Unfortunately, much of what's offered on drugstore shelves aren't chemical-free. And the ones that are are usually pretty expensive. Let me offer an inexpensive alternative to traditional shampoo and conditioner: it might take a little while to get used to but I love it. Though I haven't converted my husband, all things in good time.
* "SHAMPOO" - 1 Tablespoon of baking soda to 1 Cup of filtered water
* "CONDITIONER" - 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 Cup of filtered water
* For simple application I use squeeze bottles. One for the "shampoo" and one for the "conditioner." You can get a ketchup and mustard bottle at your local grocery store. Amazon also sells all different sizes and styles.
* Comb hair before you shower
* Wet hair in shower
* Squirt hair with baking soda "shampoo" mixture. Don't be shy with application. (I have long thick curly hair so I use most of a 1 cup bottle.)
* Squirt with apple cider vinegar "conditioner" mixture. Again don't be shy. Let it sit for a minute or so.
* Optional: Add a leave-in conditioner
* Apply any styling products, preferably non-toxic products